Colchester Travel Ltd are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 the data controller is Colchester Travel Ltd, 39 Crouch Street, Colchester, CO3 3EN.
Information we may collect from you
You may give us information about you, by filling in forms on our website(s) colchestertravel.co.uk, nordicexperience.co.uk, discovery-collection.com, or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail, meeting our reservations staff, via our social media channels or otherwise.
We may collect and process the following information from you:
- Your name, age and gender
- Your contact details: postal address including billing address, telephone numbers and e-mail address
- Personal information required when quoting or booking your specific holiday
- Your company name and job role (if applicable)
- Your credit / debit card details. Please note credit / debit card details are not kept or stored by us. Transactions are carried out by an appropriately regulated third party and only they will hold your details.
- Your marketing information and communication preferences (These include details of holiday habits and details you are interested in receiving further information on)
This list is not exhaustive, and in specific instances, we may need to collect additional data from you to enable us to enter into a contract of engagement with you.
Occasionally, we may offer visitors to our websites an opportunity to participate in a survey or competition. We may also run competitions and surveys in magazines, newspapers, radio, television, by direct mail, with third parties including on their websites and on other similar media. Information collected by Colchester Travel when you participate may include your full name, age, postal address, email address and telephone number. This will only be used for the purpose of the survey and competition and will not be used for marketing purposes unless you have consented.
How we use the information we have about you
By becoming a customer you consent to receive from us our marketing communications and details of special offers or products which we may think may be of interest to you, unless you expressly ask not to be contacted in this way when you make your booking with us.
Your information will be held for our internal use to allow us to improve the services and products we offer, your customer experience, and to enable us to comply with our contractual obligations.
If you telephone us, calls may be recorded for training and quality purposes. We will only share your personal information with our authorised travel service providers, and only as necessary in order to complete a transaction that you have specifically requested.
Your details may be provided to security or credit checking companies, public authorities such as customs/immigration if necessary, or to others as required by law.
We may also pass your details to any successor to our business (or any relevant part of it).
Information you provide may also be used for statistical purposes. For further details please refer to the section ‘Website Cookies’ and ‘Google Analytics’
If you have opted in to our mailing list, we will use the information provided by you to occasionally email you information deemed relevant to you on the services we offer, news, updates and competitions – consent.
How to opt out of receiving marketing communications from us
If you do not want your details used for marketing purposes please advise us at the address below:
Colchester Travel, 39 Crouch Street, Colchester, CO3 3EN or telephone us on 01206 508888 or email us using the contact details on our website.
You can unsubscribe at any time by clicking on an unsubscribe link on any of our marketing emails.
How we protect your information
We may send your details outside the European Economic Area (EEA), e.g. if your holiday is outside the EEA and the hotel needs to be advised of your details. Due to the global nature of the infrastructure of the internet please be aware that controls on data protection outside the EEA may not be as strict as in the UK.
Disclosure of your information
We may share your information with selected partners including:
- Business partners, venues, suppliers and subcontractors in relation to an enquiry or booking you have made with us, or for the performance of any contract we enter into with you.
- This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection, insurance and credit risk reduction.
Types of data we collect
- Cookies are text files which our web site, like most sites, places on your computer when you visit. For further information about cookies, visit www.aboutcookies.org or www.allaboutcookies.org.
- When you visit colchestertravel.co.uk, discovery-collection.com, nordicexperience.co.uk or any of our websites we use a third party service, Google Analytics, to collect standard internet log information and details of visitor behaviour patterns. We do this to find out things such as the number of visitors to the various parts of the site.
- This information is only processed in a way which does not identify anyone. We do not make, and do not allow Google to make, any attempt to find out the identities of those visiting our website.
- As part of the registration process for you to receive newsletters and services updates from us, we collect personal information. We use that information to tell you about the services you have asked us to keep you informed about, to contact you if we need to obtain or provide additional information, to check our records are correct and to occasionally check that you are happy and satisfied. We don’t rent or trade email lists with other organisations and businesses.
- We use third-party providers, MailChimp, Campaign Monitor and Radar Marketing, to deliver our marketing and news / updates. We gather statistics around email opening and clicks using industry standard technologies to help us monitor and improve our mailings. You can unsubscribe to general mailings at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of any of our emails.
Access to information
You have the right to ask us in writing for a copy of the information which we hold about you (for which we may charge a statutory fee). Any request should be addressed to:
Colchester Travel, 39 Crouch Street, Colchester, CO3 3EN.
If you believe that any of your personal information that is held or being processed is incorrect then please contact us immediately at the postal address or email address below. Any information found to be incorrect will be corrected as soon as possible. If at any time you believe that we have not adhered to these principles, please notify us by email using the contact details on our website or write to us at Colchester Travel, 39 Crouch Street, Colchester, CO3 3EN
This policy was last updated on 19th May 2018